[ale] Looking for old video cards, Help out XFree86 project

sad at varesearch.com sad at varesearch.com
Tue Oct 12 13:40:19 EDT 1999

As part of the Atlanta Linux Showcase this coming week the XFree86
development is in town. They are loosely organized so that one or
two people are responcible for a group of cards and as such they
have to have "libraries" of cards to do testing. Last night over
dinner the one of the developers who is tasked with the ATI drivers
was saying that he is very short on ATI Mach32 cards. To help out
with this important part of the Linux and Free/Net*BSD projects if
you have any spare ATI Mach32 based cards (he is fine on the newer
Mach64 cards and older VGA Wonder stuff) and you are planning on
attending ALS (or have a friend going) please see if you can find
me to get so I can get it to the developer. If you are able to do
this but can't find me or know what I look like just ask one of the
other ALS organizers or volunteers.
Steven A. DuChene       sad at valinux.com