[ale] Networking RedHat/Win98

Mike Nolan mdnolan at concentric.net
Sat Oct 9 21:57:52 EDT 1999

Just goes to show you one man's trash is another's treasure.

I think that part of my problem is that I can't disable PnP the standard
way on the MB that I have.  It's a DFI with Award BIOS, but does not have
the option of  "PNP OS? yes/no?" (or somesuch) on the PNP/PCI screen.
Their support said to just set it to Manual and it should work.

I got an SMC 1211 card (which is a RealTec chip) and uses the rtl8139.o
driver and it works now.

Now if I can just figure out how to set it up so I can access the thing
from all the other machines on the LAN  :-(

Mike\n;             ##Like my new sig?  This stuff is taking over my life
Dallas, GA