[ale] 1. Zip100 Parallel port drive 2. SCSI card w/ SAF CDR

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Oct 7 13:42:21 EDT 1999

Josh Bonczkowski wrote:

> 1)  You should be able to 'rmmod lp' and 'insmod ppa' to get the zip drive
> working.  To then print, you reverse it.  'rmmod ppa' and 'insmod lp'.
>
> 2) No idea.  I'm sure someone else will have an idea though.

I believe that the newer kernels support the parport driver, which
permits you to print and access the zip without swapping modules in and
out.  I was doing this before I upgraded to 2.2.*.  After 2.2.*, I
didn't bother with the zip support, since mine started flaking out on
me.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl