[ale] Soffice51 / PATH

Michael Hirsch hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu
Thu Oct 7 10:17:02 EDT 1999

Stephan Cerruti <cerruti at club-internet.fr> writes:

> Hi
> I have just install StartOffice51 with the RedHat6.0.
> I installed it under root in /usr/share/soffice51.
> So I don't have any problem to run it as root but I cannot do it from a
> user count.
> Please could you advice me on how to do it from a user account without
> installing twice.
> Or may be should I re-install it under an other directory?

When you installed it did ou use the /net option?  If not, go back and
do it again.  When that finishes, run the same setup script, but this
time as a user and without the /net option.  This will install just a
few files (and lots of links) into your home directory, but the bulk
of the installation will be in /usr/share still

> Also please could you tell me in which file I can find PATH; I want to
> correct one part of it.

I think that would be /etc/profile

--
--Michael