[ale] perl -> compiled bianary

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Mon May 31 23:26:36 EDT 1999

    Themack> If anyone could tell me how to take a perl script and
    Themack> turn it into a compiled binary, it would be greatly
    Themack> appreciated.

	Smart-alec answer:

Take your perl script, give it to a competent C/C++ programmer, pay
the programmer a goodly sum of money.

	The FAQ answer (which could have been found by with a `man
perlfaq' and `/compile'):

man perlfaq3

	or if your MANPATH doesn't point to the perl manpages:

perldoc perlfaq3

	and in either case, look for the heading "How can I compile my
Perl program into byte code or C?".  But to quote said FAQ:

       In general, the compiler will do nothing to make a Perl
       program smaller, faster, more portable, or more secure.

	http://propaganda.themes.org/