[ale] proxy server with ftp or ncftp

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sat May 29 22:10:23 EDT 1999

Anyone know how to tell either ftp or ncftp to use a proxy server?  I've
checked out the man pages and I don't find what I'm looking for.  I'd
like to do some command line ftp via my ISDN connection when connected
to my corporate network.  Netscape works, but there are times when I
like the advantages ncftp provides.  The only mention of proxy servers
in either man pages is in the ftp man page, and it doesn't sound like
what I need to do.  Basically to ftp from the Internet to my server,
I've got to go through one of the corporate proxy servers.  Any
suggestions?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl