[ale] RHL $MANPATH?

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Fri May 28 22:26:48 EDT 1999

    David> Am I right that all I have to do is unset MANPATH and athe
    David> /etc/man.config kicks in?  Hmmm.  I guess I could just add
    David> /usr/local/src/qt/man to the /etc/man.config file and that
    David> would be that...

    David> Not so?

	RTFM. :)

`man man' says:

       -M  path
              Specify the list of directories to search  for  man
              pages.  If no such option is given, the environment
              variable MANPATH is used. If  no  such  environment
              variable  is  found,  the  default list is found by
              consulting /etc/man.config.  An empty substring  of
              MANPATH denotes the default list.