[ale] Multi-disk changer?

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Wed May 26 22:57:02 EDT 1999

Now that I'm at home, I installed a minimal RH5.2 on the system with my 5-disk Nakamichi changer.

Since I have a CD-RW on /dev/hdb and the Nak on /dev/hdd, I had to replace the /dev/cdrom link so that it pointed to /dev/hdd

Now, I can use 'eject -c 0' to select the first disk, 'eject -c 1' to select the second, etc. Unfortunately, I can only have the selected disk mounted and I can't select a different disk while one is mounted, so the sequence is:

  eject -c 0
  mount /mnt/cdrom
  *** first disk (LUN 0) is mounted
  umount /mnt/cdrom