[ale] Iomega products and Linux (fwd)

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at switchco.com
Wed May 26 16:07:19 EDT 1999

Don't feel like us Linux folks are being singled out for mistreatment by
Iomega. As far as I know they are still under a class action lawsuit
over their support policies (or lackthereof). Its is nearly 100%
impossible to get to talk to a person about your problem without calling
a 900 pay support number. I've never been able to get a non-automated
email reply from these people either for that matter. I've got a couple
of zip drives and an external 1GB Jazz drive. Fortunately for me they've
all kept working but every one of my friends that has one has had one of
their drives fail and was forced to just throw it away. I will not be
buying any more of their products in the future regardless of their
support for Linux.

	later,

		Ben Scherrey

Vernard Martin wrote:

> Got this off the redhat-announce mailing list. Thought it might be of interest
> to the ALE folks since many of us have Iomega products.
<snipped rest>