[ale] creating a 1.2 5.25" boot disk

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed May 26 08:27:06 EDT 1999

Just thought I'd share with the list how I resolved this problem.
Apparently you can not create a 1.2 boot disk for RH.  You can install
RH from a dos partition.  What I did was create a small dos partition
(25M), boot to dos, mount the cdrom and execute
d:\dosutils\autoboot.bat, which boots the Linux installation via
loadlin.  I'll go back and make the dos partition another swap
partition, although I don't know how useful it will be at that size.

So, you can install RH on a computer with a 1.2 floppy. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl