[ale] inbound mail won't work from some sites?

Eric Webb foobar at stargate.totalchaos.org
Sat May 22 23:45:26 EDT 1999

For a while now I have seen cases where people send me mail that hits my
box but is never seen.  It seems that something in the negotiation phase
of receiving mail fails and that's the last I hear of it.  Particularly
this seems to happen with the free email sites, particularly netscape and
hotmail.  Observe below:

 Mar 15 05:52:31 stargate sendmail[379]: FAA00379:
   from=<stephen7 at netscape.net>, size=0, class=0, pri=0, nrcpts=1,
   proto=SMTP, relay=www0e.netaddress.usa.net [204.68.24.34]

See?  I betcha that "size=0" has something to do with it, but I have no
idea what to do from here.  Help!!!

Eric

P.S. - Messages like the above repeat over and over in my logs (their
server keeps trying), but I'm not sure if the other user ever receives a
bounce message.