[ale] Linux/NT

Clay Lawrence servo at bellsouth.net
Wed May 19 22:26:04 EDT 1999

Not all true. I recently built a dual PII-400 with 500mb of ram for
testing prime numbers and for CAD/CAM. Linux runs my prime tests at more
than double the speed of NT. When I animate CAM generations I have to
nearly double the number of frames to slow the animation down in Linux
compared to the number of frames I use in NT. As indicated by recently
published, biased benchmarks my box might not talk to windoze clients as
fast as NT but it smokes it as a workstation.

Clay