[ale] Cheap CDRom Drive

Daniel S Cox danny.cox at ecweb.com
Mon May 17 14:57:36 EDT 1999

Bill,

At 02:29 PM 5/17/1999 -0400, Bill Ripley wrote:
>Anybody have a good source for cheap CDRom drives.

	I've usually gotten my drives from Dirt Cheap Drives in Texas.  A good
while back, I bought a 4X SCSI CD ROM drive from 'em for $100.  I've since
bought a 4mm DAT drive, and a 4.5 GB SCSI.  I've always been pleased with
them.  They usually advertise in the ComputerShopper.

	Locally, Ginstar Computer seems to have the lowest prices.  They advertise
in the Computer Currents magazine that you can find free in various places.
 Their URL is: http://www.ginstar.com .  According to their May ad, they
have a 24X CD-ROM Drive for $34.  For $5 more, they have a 40X.  for $5
more,...well, you get the idea.

	I'm not affiliated with them, except as a pleased customer.

Danny