[ale] Microsoft want to know it...

J. Reeves Hall reeves at earthling.net
Sat May 15 12:27:05 EDT 1999

Jeff Dilcher wrote:

> Seems to me the Linux community is afraid of NT.  It is time
> for those who can tune linux to step up or shut up about
> performance differences between the two.  It sounds like all
> the major gripes have been addressed.  Personally, I don't care
> which wins, I still like linux
>
> Of course, MS does't compare the costs between the operating
> systems in the little chart.  That having been said, their comparison
> chart basically illustrate why companies continue to want to
> purchase NT, both now and in the future, and points out reasons
> why most companies won't deploy linux.`

Perhaps I'll conduct a bit of testing on my own... Set up Linux and
Windows NT on my machine, then hammer them from across the network and
see which works better...
Ooh, but then they could sue me for publishing my results... Sheesh :)

-Reeves

--
In a world without fences, why do we need Gates?
Linux. Because I have better things to do than worry about Y2K.