[ale] Microsoft want to know it...

Eric Webb foobar at stargate.totalchaos.org
Sat May 15 07:23:58 EDT 1999

> http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/news/msnw/nt4vLinux.asp
>
> I don´t know what to say about this site...
> ... do they really think they´ve got a chance against a good  installed
> and tuned Linux-System???

I think someone needs to address thier little comparison chart...

I still recommend a situation where both parties prepare their own
hardware/software given a set of rules, then bring it in and test.  (This
is now sort of what's going on.)  One could even argue towards allowing
different hardware (with the same numbers).

And, I recommend this be a yearly contest or something... a war of the
OSes.  That ought to spark some good competition and public awareness.

Eric