[ale] internet access

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.net
Wed May 12 09:13:47 EDT 1999

Thanks, all, for the good feedback!

Actually, I am a little surprised by the response.  This really is going to
be hot!

One rumor in tha attached message I want to dispell, though, is the
'aggregation' of users into a 1.5Mbps pipe back to the CO.  This may be true
of BellSouth, and it is similar to how the cable guys are doing it, but as
far as the DSL I am looking to provide, I'll have to purchase a DS-3 for
local loop just to carry customers' traffic, then another DS-3 to the 'Net
to pass it along.  The rate is a true 1.5Mbps (if that's what you purchase)
and it is almost identical to a Frame in performance - from what I'm told.
The key benefits are the price and the ability to buy less than a T-1 for
significantly less.

If I decide to do this I will put out one additional shameless advertising
message, but it will be months away... and I hope to actually contribute
something other than questions!

Best regards,
-Matthew Brown