[ale] internet access

Patrick Ramsey Ramsey_Patrick at promina.org
Tue May 11 14:26:56 EDT 1999

I'm not sure about that part of town... Most everything is Fiber around there and Bellsouth doesn't have the balls to roll out their fiber to ADSL solution to the masses yet.  They're having some major segmenting issues.  (the whole thing about Joe shmoe down the road sniffing all the traffic across his nic and low and behold your ip address is in there!)  Frankly I think if they moved their network to linux they could get rid of all these problems...

<laugh!>

Cable is also scarce... Media one offers cable subscriptions in the Powder Springs area but I think they cut it off in Marietta.  And comcast is so far behind the curve they should shoot themselves in the pinky toe.

>>> "Philip Rodgers" <p.rodgers at home.com> 05/11 12:46 PM >>>
i am moving to Marietta on Wylie Rd.  could someone tell me the high bandwidth options i will have there i am spoiled with intermedia @home in nashville and would like similar service in Atlanta
Philip Rodgers
p.rodgers at home.com