[ale] [ale-admin] Frame relay and Linux

Robbie Honerkamp robbie at opus.shorty.com
Tue May 11 10:56:15 EDT 1999

Thus spake Matthew Brown (matthew.brown at cordata.net):

> You really need to look into SDSL.  It works at the same 'speed' as a T-1
> for several hundred dollars less than your going to spend.
>
> A full T-1 speed Internet connection can be obtained for around
> $700-800/month, and the fractioanl rates are even cheaper.  For 400kbps your
> probably under $450.

Yep. Comstar is selling SDSL service now- I think their full SDSL T1 pricing
was just $1200 or thereabouts, no install fees, no local loop.  Sounds like
BellSouth is trying to take him for a ride- I payed much less than $1800/mo
for a burstable T1 at my last job.

I'm about to replace my ISDN with SDSL- BellSouth can't serve me with ADSL,
but the CLEC that Comstar has partnered with can get SDSL to me! I think
that 160k SDSL was $175/mo (compared to $200/mo for dedicated 64k ISDN).

Robbie