[ale] [ale-admin] Frame relay and Linux

Patrick Graves jpgraves at bellsouth.net
Tue May 11 00:27:22 EDT 1999

I am looking for an economical yet solid frame relay solution for a
small business.  They are considering spending $4k on a cisco router.
They are planning on using a burstable frac T1 from Bellsouth.net @
$1800/month.  I don't know exactly what that means, but I think they are
guaranteed 384k but it bursts up to 1.5M.

I'm trying to talk them into spending $4k on a Linux File/Print server
(rather than $10k HP/NT solution)

I'm assuming that a Linux frame relay router could be built under $2k,
but are there other cost effective frame relay solutions which may be
easier? And if Linux is the best answer, who builds Linux frame relay
routers?

Patrick Graves
North Avenue Technologies