[ale] Pam library and "Module unknown" message

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Mon May 10 16:14:55 EDT 1999

And odd thing here.  I am using Debian w/ libpam0g 0.65 on it.
I have setup the pam_smb module to authenticate against an NT server for
apache.  I get the userid/password box, and it validates against NT just
fine.  however, apache keeps telling me "Authorization failed" and the
following is in the apache error log:

[error] access to /testsmb/ failed for ip, reason: Module is unknown

by doing a few greps, I found the module is unknown message in the libpam
file, but can't find any other info about that that means.

Any ideas?