[ale] In Search of a Linux Friendly ISP

Stephen F Nicholas syssfn at panther.gsu.edu
Mon May 10 00:30:13 EDT 1999

Hello ale,
Subject pretty much says it all.  My ISP of 2 years has become quite
strange.  Last weekend, it took me 30 + minutes to get a connection.  This
weekend, no connection.  Ny current ISP is a well known telephone company
providing local service to Atlanta.  I didn't receive busy signals, but it
took Windoze over 2 minutes to get a connection.  The Linux box is timing
out , not sure from their side or mine.

I'm open to suggestions, such as Mindspring, etc.  I need an ISP to
provide a reliable service, as it is critical to me being able to test
from my home box.  Please provide your feedback, as I need to make a
decision ASAP.  I'm doing testing for a Board of Regents project (and I
have to do it after hours) Windoze just flat can't cut it.

Help!!

Steve

| Steve Nicholas             |                        |
| Unix System Programmer     |  A risk is not a risk  |
| Georgia State University   |  until it is taken.    |
| snicholas at gsu.edu          |                        |
| 404-651-2639               |                        |