[ale] Linux & isa modem

J. Reeves Hall reeves at earthling.net
Sun May 9 15:42:21 EDT 1999

> ..the modem then hangs.  I've tried a few different modems in the same box,
> even different ISA slots.  Does this sound like a hardware problem?

Can you dial into your ISP's number with Minicom? That'd answer the hardware
question. I've had a modem toasted with lightning before, and it also took out
a bunch of other phone-related circuitry in the house. Perhaps your phone line
is damaged? I suggest trying to connect to something manually.

-Reeves

--
In a world without fences, why do we need Gates?
Linux. Because I have better things to do than worry about Y2K.