[ale] Logging of dialout

Nick Lucent nlucent at mindspring.com
Fri May 7 16:16:35 EDT 1999

I have my proxy setup to auto dial using pppd, today I got an email from
mindspring saying that I had really high usage. Ive noticed that it seems
to just dial out on its own occasionally. I turned off the hub in order to
determine if it was one of the computers on the network, or the server,
with the hub turned off the server still dialed out a little while later.
Is there anyway that I can log what is causing pppd to dial out? Ive
checked cron etc. but didnt notice anything running that would cause it to
dial. Has anyone else seen this problem? Any easy fixes?

Thanks,
Nick