[ale] X windows video problems. (Yet more :)

Clay Lawrence servo at bellsouth.net
Tue May 4 21:38:01 EDT 1999

I'm running the same card with a Viewsonic 17PS at work with no problems
using the mach64 server with SuSE 6.0. What you're seeing is kinda like
mine. When I run startx I get the KDE panel and program bar first and
then the desktop background several seconds later. Try playing around
with vidtune a little, I'm using a 72mhz refresh on my viewsonic at
work, but have to switch it to 60mhz when I boot windoze(any CAD
suggestions appreciated so I won't have to boot windoze anymore :-)

HTH,
Clay