[ale] problem with x-windows

Martin Nichols mnichol at bellsouth.net
Tue May 4 19:39:33 EDT 1999

    Hi, Iam having trouble configuring my x windows to work using red
hat 5.2
at first it would not pick up the on board video that was built in, i
then installed my trident 9685 card and linux picked it up right a way.
i entered my monitor type a sony multiscan 15sx which was a choice under
the svga server which the auto probe said i needed when i type startx
the screen goes black and the green light on the monitor goes to yellow
like in sleep mode and does not come back i have to reboot to get back
to the login.

any suggestions? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thank you, marty