[ale] cdrecord under RedHat5.2 <-HOWTO i.e. I've got errors

LTh122816 at aol.com LTh122816 at aol.com
Wed Jun 30 20:56:33 EDT 1999

Greetings Once More !

I'm attempting to get cdrecord-1.8a21 going under RedHat5.2 and am getting
the following :

1-controller return wrong size [page 5] for CD capabilities page [2A]

2-faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timeout

3-cannot attach driver for CD/DVD-Recorder

Typical commands that elicits such, would be:

    cdrecord -scanbus
    cdrecord -checkdrive dev=0,0

scd0 is the device [I think] in question
Sometimes the CDRW is recognized at bootup, at others not.
BTW, it is one of the supported drives, a Memorex CRW-1622.
ide-scsi is implemented in lilo with append = " hdc=ide-scsi"
   and I have scsi emulation turned on in the kernel

Any help would be gratefully appreciated,

Courtney <--  lth122816 at aol.com      [the first entry is an L not a one]