[ale] Turtle Beach Montego Sound Cards on RH 6.0

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Wed Jun 30 15:41:12 EDT 1999

At 02:33 PM 06/30/1999 -0400, Michael Phillips wrote:
>I have a Dell Dimension XPS-T450 (PIII-450) with a Turtle Beach Montego
>Sound Card. Has anyone managed to get this combination to work and if so,
>how? I have followed the SOUND-HOWTO and so far no success. Any ideas?

	I got it to work, but (sadly) the Montego is on a list that OSS doesn't
support... HOWEVER!  You can purchase the OSS drivers for it, which are
available at:
http://www.opensound.com

They come with a 2-hour free trial (which I used with SUSE) and then
afterwards you have to fork over $20.00 for the drivers, and then $10.00
for the Vortex option... Sad...

But it works for me!  (I'm using a Dell Dimension XPS R400, not a PIII-450,
but the card is the same)

Cheers!
Jay
-----
Jay Finch                        : "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova. Commander.
Owner/GKE of NERO-Atlanta        :  Daughter of Andre and Sophie Ivanov.
(770) 650-0410   (voice)         :  I am the right hand of vengeance and the
pagejay at larp.com (alpha pager)   :  boot that is going to kick your sorry ass
horus at larp.com                   :  all the way back to Earth, sweetheart.
kateth at bck.org                   :  I am death incarnate, and the last living
MTBI Survey says:  ENXJ          :  thing that you are ever going to see.
Check out my home page at:       :  God sent me."
http://www.photobooks.com/~horus/:         -- Cmdr Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)