[ale] Apache Modules

Dave Brooks dbrooks at comstar.net
Tue Jun 29 13:20:49 EDT 1999

Any Apache gurus out there:

I'm using the default apache configuration provided by the RedHat 6.0
installation.  I want to enable php3.  I noticed there's a
/usr/lib/apache/mod_php.so file.  In the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
file, I uncommented the 'LoadModule php...' and 'LoadModule php3...'
lines and did a 'killall -1 httpd'.  From previous experience, isn't
there ascript provided with apache to restart httpd instead of having to
kill -HUP the process?  I couldnt find a script anywhere to do this.

Anyways, after I restarted httpd, I tried out a php script (just the
example provided on php.net that basically echoes "Hi!  I'm a PHP
script." to a web page), and nothing happened.  Did I do something wrong
here?

-Dave

--
David A. Brooks