[ale] Changing localhost.localdomain

Ben Phillips pynk at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 28 19:28:06 EDT 1999

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Prabhakar + Nitika wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how I can change the localhost.localdomain to xxx.yyyy ?

I think you can just edit the line of /etc/hosts that it appears on.  Now
changing the IP address of localhost -- there's a challenge.  :)

                      __   _
Ben Phillips         /  '_' )         ,,,    "If it's a hobby for us and a
pynk at cc.gatech.edu   |  | ()|||||||||[:::)   job for you, then why are you
                     \__.-._)         '''    doing such a shoddy job?"
		                              -- Linus Torvalds to Microsoft