[ale] some other regexp

Russell Enderby Russell.Enderby at arris-i.com
Mon Jun 28 09:20:08 EDT 1999

The character you are probably look for is '\r' which is the linefeed.  The
'\n' physically moves the cursor back to the beginning of the line (carriage
return).  Usually when dealing with serial communications you must send both
for a terminal program to successfully get a 'RETURN' to work properly.  In
C/C++ the \n automatically does a \r.

If that does not help, just strip the line for how many characters you dont
want at the end with chop() or a simple strip function.

Ryan Bridges wrote:

> I need to strip the Linefeeds out of a file.  I discovered that this is
> not a newline (\n) but something else.  I have tried everything I can
> think of and connot get rid of them. Anyone have any ideas?  PERL didn't
> work so far and I am not good with sed/awk...
> Thanks again in advance,
> Ryan

> Ryan Bridges <ryan at linuxgeneralstore.com>
> B.Gates : quality software :: R.McDonald : gourmet cuisine

Russell T. Enderby                                        Arris Interactive
Software Engineer                                         3871 Lakefield Dr,
Suite 300
Cornerstone Software Development Group   Suwanee, GA 30024-1242
Email: Russell.Enderby at arris-i.com