[ale] NIC

Mike Kachline kachline at medept17.coon.gatech.edu
Sun Jun 27 22:58:29 EDT 1999

> > > I want to install a network card in a RH 6.0 box. I can find plenty of
> > > info on configuring existing cards but nothing on installing new ones.
> > > Any direction would be appreciated.
<snip>
> Doesn't Red Hat by default leave lots of those sorts of modules laying
> around just in case and load them when needed (using kerneld, I would
> guess)?  I'm new to RH, so I'm asking.
<snip>
	From what I remember, Redhat does, out of the box, come with all
of the modules compiled and installed already. However, actually
*activating* the proper module at boot time the "redhat way", I do not
know. Usually though, I'd add a line to /etc/rc.d/rc.local. I'd bet that
using linuxconf may prove more "redhat correct".

							- Mike
Michael Kachline CS, Georgia Institute of Technlology
kachline at brightstar.gt.ed.net
http://brightstar.gt.ed.net/kachline