[ale] 'fips' usage question

Ryan Bridges reb at techie.com
Thu Jun 24 11:12:17 EDT 1999

You may just want to spring for the full retail version of partition
magic.  I did the same thing several times back when I used Winders.  It
always worked for me.  Just shrink the drive with partition magic, boot
Linux, format the unused space with fdisk, 82 (i think) for Linux native,
and add it too /etc/fstab as where you want it to go, then copy the files
from the directory you want it to replace to the new drive, delete
everything in the old directory, and reboot.  I probably missed a step or
two but you see the point.  you probably wantto backup anything important
before trying this.

Ryan Bridges <ryan at linuxgeneralstore.com>
B.Gates : quality software :: R.McDonald : gourmet cuisine