[ale] desktop size

marnuke marnuke at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 23 03:18:54 EDT 1999

Hi,
I was wondering how I'd go about changing the configuration so that my
desktop would fit in nicely on the screen.  I have a paradise pipeline pci
video card and a compaq svga color monitor. It is hard to navigate
specially when the window extend way beyond the  screen size.  I have come
across linux documents addressing that problem but still it is unclear and
new to me.  I appreciate all the help. Thank you.

Reimbert

This sounds like the funny little bug in X11.   If you say you have 8 megs
of ram and you set your video card for 800*600, X11 will use up all the
ram on your video card.  What you need up is a Huge desktop and a small
viewing area.  What you do is either decreass the amount of ram you tell
it to use or increase your screen size or both.