[ale] video card question

Christopher S. Adams toiletduk at penguinpowered.com
Tue Jun 22 15:09:27 EDT 1999

i'd like to make a note that the banshee came after the voodoo2
the order and memory of the cards were as follows
voodoo == 4mb, 6mb
voodoo rush (2d/3d) == 6mb
voodoo2 == 8mb, 12mb
banshee (2d/3d) == 16mb
voodoo3 (2d/3d) == 16mb

the banshee is a slightly slower version of the voodoo2 with no
multitexturing and 2d support tacked on
as far as X goes, i've heard mixed reviews
i'm personally opting for a nvidia riva tnt2

Chris