[ale] <OT> ICQ and AOL IM

Gregory McLean gregm at comstar.net
Tue Jun 22 10:17:22 EDT 1999

-> 	I am wondering if anyone knows what ports ICQ and the AOL instant
-> messenger use? I'm not sure which clients ICQ has. Are there any other
-> than Java? I would be using the tik client for AOL IM. I need to know
-> because I can't use either one right now, but my dad will open the ports
-> on his firewall if I know which ones they are. Does anyone know?
->
Looks like ICQ uses 4000
and AOL IM uses 9898

ICQ has that 'official' java thing, a quick search on one of the linux apps sites should show a few unofficial ones. Same with the AOL stuff.