[ale] proc

Zhongbin Yu " <zyu at tc.net> Zhongbin Yu " <zyu at tc.net>
Mon Jun 21 19:04:35 EDT 1999

no, not really. You only need to do a `cd / && mkdir proc` to have the
mounting point and insert the
proc line back to /etc/fstab. and reboot. It will have it again.

It is a special file system. `man mount` has more info.

One thing to remeber is when you copy root file system to another disk or
anywhere, I guess, do remember to EXCLUDE /proc. Otherwise you will get
'out of diskspace error' soon enough. Being there, done that :-(

$0.02.

Jerry Yu
Systems Engineer	| zyu at tc.net
Premiere Technologies	| 404-262-8544(O)	1-800-979-1105 (P)
Atlanta, GA 30326	| ae.tc.net/dept/engineering/op/public/developer/zyu

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Clay Lawrence wrote:

#Be prepared to reinstall if you remove it. That's where the system keeps all
#the hardware stuff like IRQ's, processor data, etc.
#
#Clay
#
#MetroBoy wrote:
#
#> What is the proc filesystem?  It's not mounted from any device, yet it's
#> mentioned in fstab.  If you try to go to its mount point, there's like
#> nothing there.  I was wondering if I could remove it from fstab, but
#> thought I probably shouldn't since the GUI user mounting tool says the
#> device is busy.  Can somebody tell me more about proc?
#>
#> Ed
#>
#> Livin' La Vida Loca