[ale] Installing Linux from floppies

Nick Lucent nlucent at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 21 07:40:55 EDT 1999

On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 06:51:42AM -0400, Prabhakar + Nitika shook his keyboard and out fell:
> Hi Everyone:
>
> I have an old 486 laptop that I am trying to install Linux on. No CD ROM and
> hard drive space of 330 MB. It has a 3.5" floppy drive. Can anyone point me to
> resources that explain how to install linux from floppies??

You do it the same way as a cdrom, only difference is that you have to put
aside a day instead of an hour, and have a good stiff drink near bye for
when you find your 6th bad floppy and your about to go on a rampage. After
the above scenario happens a few times you will quickly be very drunk,
suddenly understanding why you had to put aside a day.

Trust me, Ive been there
Nick
--
Nick Lucent