[ale] hmm, some ?'s

Dunlap, Randy randy.dunlap at intel.com
Wed Jun 16 12:58:20 EDT 1999

boot.0302:
  copy of the original boot sector from device with
  major=03, minor=02 (/dev/hda2); file created by lilo;
  lilo only creates this file on its first install;
  that is, it won't keep creating/overwriting it;
  this file can be used to restore the original
  boot sector of /dev/hda2 (use "dd" program).

System.map:
  linker output file of kernel symbols.
  Should be copied from /usr/src/linux/System.map
  after every build (not absolutele necessary, but
  you will get warning messages if the System.map
  file (or soft link) does not match the loading
  kernel.  Not having the correct file here can
  prevent kernel oops or module debugging.

others:
  Don't know.  I'll wait to see other answers.

~Randy