[ale] Cable modems and total-web

UnderGrid Founder undrgrid at undergrid.net
Sun Jun 13 21:07:47 EDT 1999

--HG+GLK89HZ1zG0kk

Christopher Fowler decided to waste my bandwidth saying:
> I just installed a cable modem last week and it seems fairly fast.  It
> worked only 2 hours and trying to get a technician onsite is like trying =
> win the lottery.  Support states that usually I do not need to be at home
> and they did come by once and did some work.  But I'm still getting those
> amber lights.  They can not give me a time or date when someone will be o=
ut
> here.  It has been total frustration and the only reason I have chose
> cablevision over ADSL is to get a static IP.  Total-web will be dhcp by
> December or later.  What alternatives do I have and how can I get a static
> IP with good support?
>=20
	If your concern is about the ability to get a static IP from a ADSL
provider then check out Atlanta Internet (atlnet.com) which is who I have my
ADSL connection through... I've got a static IP on the ADSL side and then a
/29 subnet of IPs routed through it for my LAN...=20

> I'm 4 hours away from calling total-web and canceling the service just
> because they can not seem to get someone out here to fix the d**n thing. =
 Am
> I be unreasonable?  I need uptime and I need access away from home.  I'm
> usually not at home during the week.
>=20
	My suggestion is to give Atlanta Internet a call and see if your area
is cover'd... They're really great guys there and I think you'd be much
happier workin with them then total-web...=20

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy T. Bouse

--=20
,--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
---,
| Jeremy T. Bouse  -  UnderGrid Network Services, LLC  -   www.UnderGrid.ne=
t  |
|     PGP ID/Fingerprint: 1024/E83D9AE5/4ACC03F098D78198 19D0593E50E597E9  =
   |
|   Public PGP key available by sending email with 'send pgpkey' in subject=
   |
| undrgrid at UnderGrid.net  -  NIC Whois: JB5713  -  Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.n=
et |
|      Anti-trust laws should be approached with exactly that attitude.    =

---'

--HG+GLK89HZ1zG0kk

--HG+GLK89HZ1zG0kk--