[ale] Newbie needs assistance

Rick C Davies rickd at cyber-wizard.com
Sat Jun 12 11:54:05 EDT 1999

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BEB4CA.45620DC0

Up until now I have used Linux strictly in a recreational capacity, but =
am now seriously looking to use it full time.  I got RH6.0 installed and =
working and am using the GNOME X Interface. =20

I got my internal USR Courier I-Modem (ISDN) working on COM3, but am =
having a hard time getting pppd to dial out.  I have ppp0 setup to dial =
BellSouth.Net but am not sure why it is not connecting (or maybe it is =
and I dont have something setup correctly).  Does anyone have a good =
script they can send me that might automate this process?

Secondly, I have a SBLive card as well, and I downloaded the drivers off =
of the Creative site, but it says it only works with kernels 2.0.36 or =
2.2.5.  Im using 2.2.5-15 and the driver wont load during boot.  It =
comes up with a kernel check and then proceeds to tell me that it will =
only work under those two kernels.  Does anyone have a newer driver that =
will work with 2.2.5-15 or know where I may obtain it?

Hopefully if I can get all of my peripherals working, Ill be another =
Linux convert!

P.S. If anyone knows where to get drivers for a REALMagic DVD Decoder =
board, a Connectix (Logitech) QuickCam Color2, and a LaserJet 2100SE for =
Linux I would appreciate those files or sites as well!

TIA,
--Rick

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BEB4CA.45620DC0

</pre>
<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Up until now I have used Linux strictly =
in a=20
recreational capacity, but am now seriously looking to use it full =
time.  I=20
got RH6.0 installed and working and am using the GNOME X =
Interface. =20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I got my internal USR Courier I-Modem =
(ISDN)=20
working on COM3, but am having a hard time getting pppd to dial =
out.  I=20
have ppp0 setup to dial BellSouth.Net but am not sure why it is not =
connecting=20
(or maybe it is and I dont have something setup correctly).  =
</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>Does anyone have a good script they can send me =
that might=20
automate this process?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Secondly, I have a SBLive card as well, =
and I=20
downloaded the drivers off of the Creative site, but it says it only =
works with=20
kernels 2.0.36 or 2.2.5.  Im using 2.2.5-15 and the driver wont =
load during=20
boot.  It comes up with a kernel check and then proceeds to tell me =
that it=20
will only work under those two kernels.  Does anyone have a newer =
driver=20
that will work with 2.2.5-15 or know where I may obtain it?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hopefully if I can get all of my =
peripherals=20
working, Ill be another Linux convert!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>P.S. If anyone knows where to get =
drivers for a=20
REALMagic DVD Decoder board, a Connectix (Logitech) QuickCam Color2, and =
a=20
LaserJet 2100SE for Linux I would appreciate those files or sites =
as=20
well!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>TIA,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--Rick</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BEB4CA.45620DC0--