[ale] Kernel 2.2.9 modules

Glenn Stone gstone at mediaone.net
Wed Jun 9 11:57:40 EDT 1999

"Darryl H. Thomas" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Relatively new to linux apart from at a 'user' level.  I'm going from 2.0.36 to 2.2.9.
> I'm hoping someone can help me by lettimg me know where I can get my hands on
> modules-2.2.9.tar.gz.  Failing that (if no such thing exists) what version should I be
> using and where should I get them??

"modules" isn't a separate thing anymore.  it's included in
linux-2.2.9.tar.gz.  The only thing "extra" about the kernel-per-se you should
be worried about is pcmcia, which should be available wherever you got the
kernel from in the first place; failing that, try
ftp.cc.gatech.edu.

While we're on the subject of upgrading, http://www.kernelnotes.org has some
good
notes on what all needs upgrading before trying init 6 on a spiffy new 2.2.9
kernel....
best to read that *before* even thinking of "make config"....

-- Glenn