[ale] Anyone other than Bellsouth doing ADSL in Atlanta?

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.net
Wed Jun 9 08:36:25 EDT 1999

Wandered Inn wrote:

> Matthew Brown wrote:
>
> > I'm getting ready to open the doors on my SDSL business.  It may be a little
> > pricier than ADSL, but it is geared more toward the business or power user.
>
> Care to share the availability?  Is it safe to assume that if you CAN'T
> get ADSL, then you can't get SDSL?
>

> > -Matthew Brown
> > CorData
>
> --
> Until later: Geoffrey           esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
>
> It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
>         -- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl

It's not a safe assumption.  The limitations are the same as far as distance from
the BellSouthCO, but the people who are rolling out SDSL are collocating
equipment in the BellSouth CO's themselves.  This means they may choose an
entirely different set of CO's to implement.

We will be rolling out initially to only the north side of Atlanta (north of
20).  This is the decision of our backbone provider and not our decision.
However, the coverage area does not match BellSouth's.  For example, I do not
qualify for BellSouth service while I do qualify for a lower speed (144kbps)
SDSL connection.

We will be provisioning static IP's and will _become experts_ in the Linux
conenctivity issues.  I prefer Linux myself.

-Matthew Brown
CorData