[ale] RedHat 6.0 and Anon FTP uploading troubles

Jeff Dilcher dilcher at cueva.com
Tue Jun 8 20:31:00 EDT 1999

I have been trying to get the anonymous
ftp server to allow uploads into the /home/ftp/incoming
directory.  I made changes as per the wu-ftp's upload FAQ
(see below).

When I try to do so, I get this from the client:

ftp> send file.txt
200 PORT command successful.
553 file.txt: Permission denied. (Upload)
ftp>

Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Here is my ftpaccess file:

----- cut here -----

upload /home/ftp * no
upload /home/ftp /incoming yes ftpadmin ftpadmin 0440 nodirs

class   all   real,guest,anonymous  *
class anonftp anonymous *

email dilcher at cueva.com

loginfails 5

readme  README*    login
readme  README*    cwd=*

message /welcome.msg            login
message .message                cwd=*

compress       	yes	guest,real,anonymous
tar            	yes	guest,real,anonymous
chmod          	no	guest,anonymous
delete         	no	guest,anonymous
overwrite      	no	guest
rename         	no	guest,anonymous

log transfers	real,anonymous	inbound,outbound

shutdown /etc/shutmsg

passwd-check rfc822 warn
chmod          	yes	real
delete         	yes	real
overwrite      	yes	real,anonymous
rename         	yes	real

------ cut here -----

And here is the directions from wu-ftp's web site, all
of which I have followed:

ftp://ftp.wu-ftpd.org/pub/wu-ftpd/upload.configuration.HOWTO

Any ideas??