[ale] Hey...

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Jun 8 07:20:34 EDT 1999

> "Vijayaraman.S,J16 Chennai" wrote:
>
> Hi All ,
> well this is rather a weird question.
> Do we have any certification tests for C and C++ like the Sun Java
> test etc.??? if there is then kindly educate me on this.

I'm not sure who 'we' might be, but there are a ton of certification
tests out there, from A+ to M$ to company specific internal to Novel to
webmaster...  I'm  not aware of any specific to C and/or C++ although
AT&T has an internal certification for UNIX programming, which is for
the most part, C based, unless they've updated it since I took the
certification test.

> And also let mek now if these hold as good a value as the MCSD or MCSE
> or SUN JAVA certification etc.

I will say this.  I sit on a promotional review board for a AT&T's
internal contracting organization.  What we have found is that people
who rely on the fact that they have a Microsoft certification, are
generally very weak.  They basically know how to install, configure and
upgrade Microsoft products.  M$ certification does not teach you
anything of any depth.  They do not have a basic understanding of
computer fundamentals.  Therefore, from the perspective of promotions
(in this organization), A stand alone M$ certification is not terribly
valuable.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl