[ale] Hello

Larry Irwin lwirwin at isoa.net
Sat Jun 5 09:08:18 EDT 1999

Hello everyone,

I just joined this list. There are few if any Linux users down here in
Albany besides me.

I have been "fooling around" with Linux for several years and want to
get serious about it now that I have full Internet access. I have
Slackware 96 (1.0) and Debian 1.3.1. The Slack that I have is too old
and comes with little software. The Debian CD didn't impress me at all
due to numerous installation problems.

I am not a programmer and am not good at hacking systems. What I want is
a drop-in Linux system for an average Windows user who wants to dump it.
I will not be running a server or anything like that.

I have heard about Redhat 6.0. Does anyone here have any experience with
it? If I go with Redhat, I will have to download it from the net.

Thanks,

Larry Irwin