[ale] Dial-in

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Jun 3 19:35:31 EDT 1999

Irv wrote:

> Can someone give a pointer to instructions that can
> be understood by mere mortals re: setting up my Slakware box to
> answer a call on the modem line and allow access via rlogin or
> telnet or whatever?
>
> I'm sure this is simple, but if I don't know what I'm looking for,
> how will I know when I've found it?

As far as I know, all you need to do is add a getty entry for your modem
device.  This is what I used to use:

s0:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/mgetty -n 1 -x 3 -s 38400 tty

I don't know which getty Slack comes with, but the one that comes with
RH (mingetty) I believe is not able to do this, that's why I used mgetty
above.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl