[ale] BSD anyone?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Jul 22 15:28:43 EDT 1999

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Dave Brooks wrote:

> Beware, however, I'm not sure who else on the ALE list here knows
> anything about OpenBSD, but I'm having a strange problem with the system
> locking up after a few minutes of unchanging activity on the console.
> Email me if you know anything -- no one on the OpenBSD front seems to
> know anything about it (or care enough to answer my question...).

That's the "good" thing about OpenBSD.  There's a definite subset of
allegedly supported hardware which actually works out of the box, and you
just have to guess what it is, because you're not likely to get much
support.  I had a fairly standard Intel machine which crashes during boot
with their install disk (both 2.4 and 2.5).  My bug reports have been
completely ignored....

later,
chris

--