[ale] Redhat IPO

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Jul 21 16:39:52 EDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Mandrake (Geoff Harrison) wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 09:59:48AM -0500, Quinton McCombs wrote:
> > I just checked Etrade but found no mention of the RedHat IPO...  :-(   Any
> > ideas on where to look?
> >

> I don't think that you will be able to purchase E*Trade stock if you didn't
> receive this email.  at least that's my assumption.

You will, you'll just have a lot smaller chance of getting any.  Basically,
it's being done two ways:  there's the large amount reserved for "members of
the open source community," and then there's the smaller amount being
offered for normal e*trade IPO that anyone can get in on.  Talk to someone
who's bought IPO stock the normal way on e*trade to find out all the ends
and outs (I haven't, but I've heard the horror stories ;-).  Among other
things, there's a very small (like 2 hours) random (though usually late
afternoon) window of time when they announce the IPO, and you have to sign
up to buy then, or else you've missed your chance.

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu