[ale] more on VMware

S. Eric Asberry eric at sedonna.com
Tue Jul 13 10:27:14 EDT 1999

I'm runnning VmWare too.  I have two VM's set up, Win98 and NT 4.0.  I
mostly just run NT.  My Win98 VM is reserved for whenever they come out
with full support for DirectX, etc.  <grin>

I've actually been pretty impressed with how well it works.  I really like
Linux, and it's my main work environment, but it's very convenient to be
able to run office for sharing documents with other folks, etc.  Also handy
to be able to Hotsync my palmpilot without having to shutdown Linux and
boot from another partition.

Interestingly, they just recently came out with their beta version of the
NT-hosted version... Now, I can understand wanting to run a lesser
operating system (NT/98) in a window on a more stable one (Linux), but why
would you want to go the other way around?  <grin>

Eric