[ale] boot to new kernel on RedHat

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sun Jan 31 16:42:06 EST 1999

jim wrote:

> Now if I could only get all sound functions working, I would be happy. But
> that's another story. Maybe more on that later. Anyway, the 2.2.1 kernel
> compiles nicely on RedHat 5.2 without any immediate upgrades.

I did this same thing, 2.2.0, although I have a complete mirror of my
system on another partition.  I question the wisdom in this.  The
Changes file pretty much says you should upgrade a number of packages.
Question is, should I (and Jim) be concerned if our kernel seems to work
fine with our current systems?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????